Also known as “Pee Dee Foodie”, KEVIN BARRON is the founder and publisher of PeeDeeFoodie.com™, as well as host/moderator for the Pee Dee Food Show™ internet radio show (podcast) available through iTunes and RSS feed.
Born in Charleston, Kevin lived in several parts of the country before returning to the Palmetto State and settling in the Pee Dee region. Much of his life outside South Carolina was spent in and around the Southern foodie havens of New Orleans and Memphis. He is a self-described food geek and recent graduate of the Greater Florence Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Florence program, as well as an active supporter of Harvest Hope Food Bank, the Florence Downtown Development Corporation, Hope Health, Slow Food Pee Dee, and other local non-profits.
He enjoys writing and the creative processes involved in website design and podcast production — and a good cannoli. He most enjoys time with family and friends. He is trying to move his diet toward healthier selections grown locally and organically, when possible.
Below are a few other facts about Kevin:
- a Husband, Father, and Christian;
- a Foodie with diverse tastes and an adventurous palate;
- a Judge for the Taste of Florence and The Chamber’s Flavors of Florence
- a WordPress Website developer and podcast producer;
- a Social Media Fan with 4,000+ Facebook friends and 1,400+ Twitter followers
- a Published Author, both online and in print with a book project under development with The History Press of Charleston, SC;
- a CarolinaBloggin.com Blog of the Year and Best Foodie Blog recipient;
- a College Radio & Newspaper alumnus;
- a Graduate of Leadership Florence;
- a trained, but non-practicing Accountant (thankfully!);
- a past Rotarian of the Year and a Paul Harris Fellow;
- a Huge Fan of Brit-coms, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Poirot, Midsomer Murders, Columbo and foodie documentaries.
- Invited Speaker at FoodBlogSouth (2013), invited attendee at Food Blog Forum (2012) by Walt Disney World Public Relations and attendee at the International Food Bloggers Conference (2011).
Some Favorite Food-Related Quotes
- Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts! ~James Beard
- Kissing don’t last; cookery do! ~George Meredith
- The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live. ~Confucius
- Worries go down better with soup. ~Jewish Proverb
- Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn. ~Garrison Keillor
- Rice is born in water and must die in wine. ~Italian Proverb
- What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child? ~Lin Yutang
- Tell me what you eat, I’ll tell you who you are. ~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
- There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves. ~Thomas Wolfe